- I recognised a great need for support for both parents and children whilst previously working in schools and child care settings
- I would hear parents talking to the teachers asking the question:
“What can I do to help my child?”
- I saw children as young as 5 years of age with little confidence and heard them saying the words:
“I can’t do that” or “I’m not as good as him…”
- I thought to myself, “If children at this age are saying those words, what will they think, believe and say to themselves and others when they are 15, 23 and 45?”
- Having studied Hypnotherapy I recognised how powerful the mind is and only felt it was fair that parents knew this too.
- I have seen the statistics for children’s mental health and it isn’t pretty.. http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-statistics/children-young-people/
One in ten children between the ages of one and 15 has a mental health disorder. (The Office for National Statistics Mental health in children and young people in Great Britain, 2005)
Estimates vary, but research suggests that 20% of children have a mental health problem in any given year, and about 10% at any one time. (Lifetime Impacts: Childhood and Adolescent Mental Health, Understanding The Lifetime Impacts, Mental Health Foundation, 2005)
- I wanted to be able to do something constructive and positive to help to change children’s lives while it is early enough for intervention to be effective
- I recognised that the process was formulated by a Mother herself with a great need and desire to help her child- Joane Goulding, author and creator of The Goulding Process.
- I recognised that when we are struggling with health challenges it is very important to feel empowered to make changes ourselves. I wanted to contribute towards a model of work that enabled people to take control of their own lives and make informed decisions through gaining knowledge and deep understanding of their feelings and circumstances
- I believe in promoting health rather than curing diseases. Pro active rather than reactive
So…will you join me on this journey?
I love training individuals that have a pure passion to serve and support other people back to their own empowerment.
I love training those who know how important self-empowerment is.
And…I would love to work with you and train YOU if your heart is saying YES to this and you just KNOW that this is for you…just as I did.
Click here to arrange a conversation with me about your training needs